Upgrade VMware Tools on Multiple Virtual Machines
You can upgrade VMware Tools on multiple virtual machines by using the Virtual Machines tab.
- Start the vSphere Client and log in to the vCenter Server.
- Select Inventory > Hosts and Clusters.
- Select the host or cluster that contains the virtual machines to upgrade.
- Click the Virtual Machines tab.
- Select and power on the virtual machines to upgrade.
- Right-click your selections, select Guest > Install/Upgrade VMware Tools and click OK.
- For Linux guest operating systems, reboot the operating system by running the reboot command from a command-line prompt so that you can use the new network modules.
The VMware Tools label on the Summary tab changes to OK.
Source: vSphere Upgrade pdf