Tuesday, March 27, 2012

vSphere 5 - vCenter Server Plug-ins


vCenter Server Plug-Ins

vCenter Server plug-ins extend the capabilities of vCenter Server by providing more features and functions.
Following are plug-ins that installed as part of the base vCenter Server product.

vCenter Storage Monitoring
Allows you to review information on storage usage and to visually map
relationships between all storage entities available in vCenter Server.

vCenter Hardware Status
Uses CIM monitoring to display the hardware status of hosts that
vCenter Server manages.

vCenter Service Status
 Displays the status of vCenter services


Some plug-ins are packaged separately from the base product and require separate installation. You can update plug-ins and the base product independently of each other. VMware modules include:

vSphere Update Manager (VUM)
Enables administrators to apply updates and patches across ESXi hosts and all
managed virtual machines. Administrators can create user-defined security
baselines that represent a set of security standards. Security administrators can
compare hosts and virtual machines against these baselines to identify and
remediate systems that are not in compliance.

vShield Zones 
An application-aware firewall built for vCenter Server integration. vShield
Zones inspects client-server communications and communications between
virtual machines to provide detailed traffic analytics and application-aware
firewall partitioning. vShield Zones is a critical security component for
protecting virtualized datacenters from network-based attacks and misuse.

vCenter Orchestrator 
A workflow engine that enables you to create and run automated workflows
in your vSphere environment. vCenter Orchestrator coordinates workflow
tasks across multiple VMware products and third-party management and
administration solutions through its open plug-in architecture. vCenter
Orchestrator provides a library of workflows that are extensible. You can use
any operation available in the vCenter Server API to customize vCenter
Orchestrator workflows.

Data Recovery 
A disk-based backup and recovery solution that provides complete data
protection for virtual machines. Data Recovery is fully integrated with
vCenter Server to enable centralized and efficient management of backup jobs
and includes data deduplication to minimize disk usage.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome site you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics discussed here?
I'd really love to be a part of group where I can get advice from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Many thanks!

Also visit my homepage :: How to use androgen hormone or the male growth hormone carbamide peroxide teeth whitening serum with regard to gynecomastiaremedy?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally writing about > "vSphere 5 - vCenter Server Plug-ins"
< Loved it!

Also visit my web blog :: Gynexerol)

Anonymous said...

It's actually a cool and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you just shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

My weblog; chestfatburner.com

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post!
It's the little changes that make the largest changes. Thanks a lot for sharing!

My weblog :: perform natural treatments benefit moobs sufferers?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, what a website it is! This webpage provides helpful data to us, keep
it up.

Here is my web-site :: chestfatburner.com

Anonymous said...

We do not need those products, or whether we can buy it at the cheap price and sell at
high price on Craiglist. Now, these ideas won't make you rich but will give you some serious extra cash.

If you have let yourself get to desperate that you are looking at the less
than legal, quick ways to make money, please reconsider.


my web site - quick way to make money

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog
and was wondering what all is required to get setup?

I'm assuming having a blog like yours would
cost a pretty penny? I'm not very internet smart so I'm not 100% positive.
Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Feel free to visit my web site; homepage, ,

Anonymous said...

TrialPay utilizes money from the advertiser to spend for your product.
Put any original PS3 sport DVD in the Optical drive as a bootable disk.
You have to admit - the iPhone is 1 pretty amazing phone.


My webpage; vshare 5s

Anonymous said...

Hi would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with?
I'm looking to start my own blog soon but I'm having a difficult time
making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique.
P.S My apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!



my web-site ... goji pro funciona